We are addicts of the Xugong and this is our 3rd Xugong after the Xugong10 v1 and Xugong 8 v1 but we weren’t able to get it till recently as it’s popular after many has found out how small it is and travelling with it is a breeze but finally, ReadymadeRC stocked it, notified us and immediately, we placed an order. Today, it arrived.
Above: Side plates compared. V2 and Xugong 10 V1. The V2 is slightly taller.
With the V2, Immersion has made it even better with improvements on the PDB to integrate video camera switching, OSD in a nice red based board (officially these are stated OSD, Camera switch,GoPro Power Supply (5.0 V), GPS Interface, Current/Voltage Sensor, PPM in/out). It’s also a great system if you are already on ImmersionRC system, you’ll be familiar on the setup however, on the other hand, it does locks you to the brand. With ImmersionRC making some leading technologies and constantly improving on it, we think it’s not an issue. The below is an overview diagram from their documentation that’ll be easy to understand.
We can now strike of one of our dislikes in the Xugong10 build.
The FR4. No more FR4, all carbon fiber now! We also opt to not get the gimbal as of yet and to utlises the existing Tarot T2-D gimbals that we have.
Nifty quad with built in Immersion ezOSD that folds small. Great for travelling.
– Carbon Fiber.
– As with all the other Xugong(s) not being able to shift the CG as and where we like it to maintain the CG at the flight controller. It’s either front heavy or more often, back heavy when we choose to fly even with the recommended Multistar 4S 5200 mAh lipo.
– A longer frame so the lipo do not stick out. At the expenses of weight.
– The same inabilitiy to balance the quad with the lipo if you want to use a huge one like we, preferring the 4S 5000mah Turnigy. They recommend a Multistar 5200mah (constant 10C) that we’ll try out soon but we fail to see how it will counter the weight of a gimbal installed at the front of the XugongV2.
ezOSD with a Mobius
Modifying the GoPro cable that’s supplied to take the mobius is straight forward. Yellow to yellow and black to black. just cut and solder them together.
Lipo size Compare
Below: The Multistar 10C 4S 5200 mAh
3 Sept 2015
Rebuilding started. Killed our Naza M V2, got a Taranis, some new EMAX 2216 and a new Flytrex for this rebuild. Ordered new frame plates from Red20RC.
17 Sept 2015
All Parts arrived. Motors took really long as it was out of stock and there’s a Version 2 of the popular EMAX 2216 810kv but we decided to stick to V1 as we already have a set of them and spares.
Top and bottom plates are awesome from Red20RC. After some discussion via email with Mike, he cut, packed and delivered the plates. The journey took about 10 days from Australia to Singapore. We ordered 2 sets of 1.5mm and 2mm ones. We started the rebuild with the 2mm ones of course.
18 Sept 2015
Found that the miniOSD is faulty, white dots appear all over the LCD screen. Darn…
The weaker link, naturally. It’s where it starts to taper down for the battery compartment. #xugong #xugong10 #xugong #xugongprov2 #dji #nazamlite #mobius #emax #hobbyking #turnigy #9XR #red #carbonfiber #nazamlite #gps #fpv #gopro @skunkworxhobbies @red20rc A photo posted by =In The Course Of Work= (@itcow) on
What started as a “repairing” post on our Instagram got some great guys offering help on our frame.
Here, we present, The new and improved Xugong Pro V2 top and bottom plate with:
– 1.5mm and 2mm thickness. (original plates are 1.5mm thick)
– Bigger FC installation clearance on top plate
– Improved thickness on the taper tail end for Lipo on top plate making it more stiff
Price, USD 44 vs these USD60 for 1.5mm and USD70 for 2mm
Eletronics will be exactly the same, running Naza M V2, EMAX 2216 (v1), Multistar 1033 props, 5000 Multistar low C lipo or 5200 Zippy Compact weighing in at about 1.6kg for about 20 mins of flight.
We added isolation dampening from Banggood and it works. Extra plates are from Red20RC, if you have seen the previous build. It’s all above now.
Flight Video before and after the double plates were added.