After good success with the F330, we moved on to the F450 and our first attempt at the KK2 (specifically the KK2.1.5) with all parts that were 2 years old and never powered up from the abandoned Arduino. The motors, esc were all reused.
Get the Pushbullet app for your respective phone. Then go into Uptime Robot and set up the alert. Here, we monitor the 10A ESC stock is in, you have to determine what will change, for this page, when stock arrives, they usually remove the words “Time is unforeseen” and put in the price allowing you to add it to cart. So we want to get alerted when “Keyword Not Exisits”. You get the idea…
2. We deserved to loose the USD $10 donation if this screws up somehow.
It’s like some website offering hacktivation of iPhones where phones lost and set in Lost Mode are recoverable. Of course if it works, 2 units of the Naza M Lite converted will be about a USD $200 value.
This is it! The ImmersionRC Xugong 10 was just about everything we were looking for.
When we got it, we built it immediately within a few hours. You know the stars align when all your parts from different sellers arrived on the same day! The Xugong was from ReadyMadeRC (links below).
– Emax 2213
– 20A ESC SimonK from MyRCMart
– DJI Naza M V2
– Boscam 400mW Video transmitter
The Xugong only IRC T-NUT. More info below from the documentation.
Bottom you go for the time being.
Size compare test. On the left is the Aliencopter 430mm from Hobbyking
Open your wings…arms, 10 inch propellers.
Almost done. Load up the SJ4000, GPS, video transmitter and lipo
Yes, the 10 inch props will be in the camera view when mount this way. The slight downward tilt will help.
Short clip of first flight
– It’s size! Just LOOK AT IT! It’s about 26mm (with a little Turnigy 3S 2650 sticking out, measurement include the sticking out of the lipo and rubber band mounted SJ4000 but do not include the VTX antenna we have sticking way back) x 23.5mm x 12.5 high (include the prop nut of the Emax 2213) when folded.
– Innovative folding mechanism with spares (plastic thingy and springs)! In case you damage it or wear it out. We could also say they foresee it wearing out fast? Time will tell.
– Well though out location for your electronics. A dangling bracket for your video transmitter (VTX) that won’t cause interference since it’s all the way outside.
– Cute rubber “landing gear”.
– Already drilled holes for your GPS folding or non folding (that came with your Naza) antenna.
– Material. FR4? It’s fiber glass that’s reinforced. Read: Harder fiber glass? Give us carbon fiber!
– Unable to load out 4S 5000mah into the lipo compartment. Battery compartment is about 29 x 52 x 114mm deep (We’re a little more conservative), see below for officialbattery compartment measurements. Yep CM! We’re METRIC! The documentation does inform that “Zippy Compact 4000, 25C PREFERRED”
However the Zippy is listed a: 43 x 20 x 148mm (too high and too long anyway)
– No space without some serious modification to mount a front mounted gimbal. It does provide you with a servo based front gimbal. If you already own a brushless one like us (We have 2 Tarot T2-D gimbals), you need to do some mods.
In our quest to finding the ideal small, foldable, runs 10 inch props, 4S 5000 or more. Can lift a gimbal. This has got to be the closest yet! We see us travelling with this a lot more, even overseas!
– Mod the tarot gimbal to front mount.
– Add tilt to receiver
– Mod height of battery compartment or
– Move everything into the battery compartment and just hang the lipo underneath, if so,
– Mod new landing gear. Some retractable?! Just so it looks cool
– Add more LEDs! lol
– Get the Version 2 Pro! As of writing, out “soon”. Video of V2 below. As of writing, it’s been 2 months of “coming soon”.
4 Jan 2015
Swop to 2217 800kv motors
The base touches the arms’s base.
Nothing a dremel can’t fix, drilled the provided standoff.
Aliencopter getting into the DSLR hand held gimbal game.
Don’t bother about their website. It’s half baked or not baked…actually. The listed 430mm at Hobbyking and their site lists the same frame as a 450mm and price is $0.00. It’s confusing to say the least and RCTimer has another one too that folds slightly different with many informing that it’s a clone but it sure folders nicer. The frustration continues too with RCTimer blocking traffic thus why we refuses to purchase anything from them or even when alternatives that do sell their products.