Major firmware update. From 1.2 a jump to 2.1
This is one fun build by The Mrs. She took her time and meticuliously tidied up the cables. The difference between men building a quad in the team and women building it.
Men in the team are untidy and get it to fly first then worry about the looks of it. Women seems want to build it tidy from the get-go hahah
– MyRCMart RCX GF223 4-Axis Quadcopter (Barebone Frame) – 8.99 (myrcmart)
– Hobbyking KK2.1.5 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board With 6050MPU And Atmel 644PA $29.99 (hobbyking),
– FrSky D4R-II 4ch 2.4Ghz ACCST Receiver (w/telemetry) $20.09 (hobbyking),
– RCX 1306-2 2300KV Micro Outrunner Brushless Motor from myrcmart.com $8.99 per motor (myrcmart),
– 10A ESC Brushless Motor Speed Controller (SS Series / SimonK Firmware) 6.99 each (myrcmart),
– 5×3″ (3-Rotor) EPP5030 Counter Rotating Propellers $1.49 per 3 propellors: – PDU Multicopter Power Distribution Board (1-8 Connection / Blue) – $0.69
– Mobius Wide Angle B Lens ActionCam a 1080p HD Video Camera Set With Live Video Out (hobbyking)– $72.99
8.99 + 29.99 + 20.09 + (8.99×4) + (6.99×4) + (1.49×2) + 0.69 + 72.99=
8.99 + 29.99 + 20.09 + 35.96 + 27.96 + 2.98 + 0.69 + 72.99 = 200.46
Price does not include transmitter. We are using an old WFLY WFT09 from our old Adruino project for this quad. All prices in USD.
PID Settings now:
We are running Turnigy 3S 2200.
Cheaper alternative to the nut that was surely to go missing…
5mm nut. SGD$2 for 10.
This looks pretty.
Note video starts playing at a minute plus.
Whatever you call it. Here’s the videos from a few hours ago’s parade. Singapore just celebrated it’s 49th National Day.
Singapore National Day Parade (9th August 2014) – Fireworks Part 1. I got myself in abit of trouble for this ?, because I already thought I was far enough from the security perimeter… But fortunately I was cleared of malicious intent! Come on, who doesn't love fireworks? Happy Birthday Singapore! #dji #phantom #djiphantom #drone #aerial #aerialphoto #aerialphotography #aerialcinematography #gopro #uav #singapore #ndp2014 #ndp #fireworks
We’re really just pushing the authorities to legislate our hobby…it’s a matter of not how but when. We wouldn’t want something to fall out of the skies or colliding with real planes/ helis at some major events like this and killing somebody or somebodies.
We hope to see more of such cool videos but want everyone to be safe but worry too on the other hand, at any major events in the future, the skies lit up with dozen or more drones all shooting videos/ photos taking over photographers with tripods and their DSLR?
Happy Birthday Singapore. Legislate but we hope the law will make sense.